Logitude Release Notes – Version R5.18
Logitude World provides the first true online freight forwarding software solution. It combines the power of cloud computing and modern technologies with a deep understanding of the Freight Forwarding Industry.
Since Logitude’ SaaS solution is rich in software modules, Release Notes are regularly issued to keep users up-to-date about new features and enhancements, as well as changes that were made since the previous release.
This version of the Release Notes introduces new features and functionalities, and describes existing features that were enhanced.
Main Menu Sidebar Collapse
The Logitude menus can be collapsed to add more screen space. This capability makes it easier for you to focus on the entity you are working on.
We have invested much time and effort to improve data protection and add more layers of security to the Logitude software. Several enhancements were made in the system’s infrastructure and internal codes, in addition to developments that are noticeable to web application end users:
The captcha mechanism has been developed to provide a new layer of security and prevent blocking user login after entering incorrect credentials several times. The system will now ask you to fill the characters displayed in the captcha after five retries with a wrong password or invalid email address.
The captcha will be displayed at the login stage and when you reset a password.
At the top right corner of the workspace is the last successful time you entered the system. This allows you to ensure that no one else used your credentials to log in to the system.
This enhancement will be applied gradually per user after the announcement of the release.
The password mechanism was improved in order to help you find a more secure password. When it is applied, you will need to change your current password within two weeks. Here are some of the new rules:
- Your password cannot contain more than three consecutive numbers or characters (e.g. abcd, 1234, etc.)
- You will not be able to choose a new password similar to the previous one.
- You cannot add your mail address in the password.
Session Time-Out Due to Inactivity
This enhancement will be applied gradually per user, after the announcement of the release.
To protect your system, you will be forced to re-login after eight hours of inactivity, that is if the session remained without any mouse movement/click for that period. By default, inactivity is set to 8 hours.
The re-login procedure also helps you to benefit from the daily software updates (that need session refresh) and prevent bugs.
Shared Logistics with Agents
Pickup & Delivery Sharing
The main pickup and delivery routing leg details will now be shared along with other manifest details when you choose to share it with your agent via the Shared Logistics module. The details contain the From and To partners, port addresses, the departure and arrival dates, and the transport mode.
Reshare Manifest with Updated Agent
To accommodate for cases where a manifest is shared with a wrong agent, we have introduced the resharing capability. You can select the Update Shared Agent option from the Sharing Actions button in Direct and Master shipments, in order to reshare a manifest with the right partner. For further explanations, contact us at http://email@example.com.
Shared Logistics: Track and Trace (Partners, Carriers and Money Permissions)
The Shared Logistics module has been further developed to allow you to control more permissions. With the new permission options, you can determine which partner and carrier information to share with invited customers, and whether to share invoice details or not. These permissions can be monitored via the Partners Permissions and Money Permissions options newly added to the Shared Logistics and Mobile Workspace.
A new version of the Logitude Mobile application can be found in the store. You can ask your clients to download that version to benefit from the following:
- The resolution of the application has been enhanced in different screens.
- The Partners and Money Permissions settings added in the Shared Logistics Workspace will affect the mobile application as well.
- Some design improvements have been made.
Logitude’s API tools are especially designed to allow you to create shipments from an external software directly in your environment. In addition to direct and house shipments, you can now use the API to create Master shipments and connect them to opened house shipments.
This option is available only for the First Class Package. To work with our tools, please contact our support system at http://firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developments for Mexican Customers
Quotes in Spanish
The user interface of the Quotes module is now available in Spanish. In addition to what is already translated in the shipment module, by setting the default language of the system to Spanish, you will be able to work with the Quotes queries and fields in Spanish.
To change the default language, navigate to Local Settings from Maintenance Menu | System Settings, and set the Language field to Spanish.
SAT ProFact 3.3 Interface Improvements
The following improvements have been introduced to the SAT Profact 3.3 interface:
- The Send to SAT functionality is no more allowed from payments where the MetodoPago field has a PUE value.
- It is now possible to send to SAT details received from banks that are connected via the SPEI service. Just make sure to fill the details you got from the bank XMLs in the new fields after setting the Forma Pago field to Transferencia electrónica de fondos.
- Help texts have been added to all new fields to guide you through the entries.
- We are currently working on the interface to keep up with the new regulations set by SAT on the cancellation procedures, for both receivable invoices and payments.
Minimum and Maximum Amounts
A new mechanism has been developed to calculate quote charges based on minimum and maximum amounts. In order to set a minimum and/or maximum sale amount for a quote charge, you can define the Minimum and/or Maximum Cost Amounts in the Edit Charges dialog box (only when the unit of measurement is not By Container Type). The system will automatically calculate the sales amounts, comparing the sales unit price X the quantity to the set minimum/maximum values.
For adaptations to your quote templates, please contact us at http://email@example.com.
The Quote Settings (access via Maintenance | System Settings) option can be used to choose the fields to be copied automatically when copying a quote, to enable editing the main carriage when copying, and to define the quote sales currency (fixed or same as cost currency).
Automation Mechanism Adjustments
The following developments have been applied to the Automation mechanism (access via Maintenance | System Settings | Automations):
- A new automation can be created based on a Shipment Type condition.
- The result of an automation can be a Follow Up on your shipment: one of your own follow ups that you are managing, and not just a standard follow up type.
Improvements in Containers Follow Up – Import Shipments
The improvements that have been introduced to Containers Follow Up are:
- If a single container is connected to a delivery, you can either disconnect the delivery from that container or delete the delivery. However, the delivery cannot be deleted if the actual departed or arrived date was set. Both options – Disconnect from Delivery and Delete Container Delivery – are available as links in the Edit Delivery Follow Up dialog box.
- In the In Transit query, the logic has been changed so that all containers in shipments with Departed status are displayed, whether they were marked for follow up or not.
- A link to the shipment (in the Shipment # field) has been added in the Edit Container Follow Up dialog box to allow direct access to shipments from Containers Follow Up queries.
New Shipment Statuses
Two new statuses have been added to the list of shipment statuses: ETD and ETA. The shipment status will be updated to ETD when the expected time of departure is entered for the main carriage, and to ETA when the expected time of arrival is provided.
The new statuses can also be used to filter shipment records, and in custom views.
Shipment Status Based on Manual Event
It is possible to change the status of a shipment based on a manually added event. The specific status must be defined for the manual event via the Entity Status field in the Events Types table (access via Maintenance | Others | Event Types). The status of the entity will switch to the specified status when the event occurs for that entity.
Multiple Harmonize Values in Containers
In the Add/Edit Container dialog box, multiple values can now be entered in the Harmonize field, by clicking on the Multi link.
To print the multiple harmonize values in your templates, contact us at http://firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuickBooks Online (Global and US) Improvements
The following changes have been introduced to the QuickBooks accounting interface:
- AR invoices and AR payments can now be resent to QBO. To resend a record to your QuickBooks account, click the More button and choose the Resend action. This option will be available only after the invoice/payment is approved.
- In case of a transmission failure, clicking the Details button that appears for that transmission in the communication log will show the actual error that caused the problem in the error tab.
Accounting Closure – Invoice Actions
The shipment closing functionality has been enhanced so that when a shipment is Accounting Closed, the following actions will not be allowed:
- Void or Auto Credit Receivable (AR) Invoices
- Void or Cancel Approval of Payable (AP) Invoices
- Connect a shipment closed for accounting to Multi-Shipment AP Invoices
Container Numbers in the Routings Tab
Each of the legs Pickup, Delivery, On-Carriage and Empty Container in the Routings tab of shipments now display the array of container numbers, so that you will not need to open a leg in order to check the containers in that leg.
Docs In Tab
The Docs In tab has been added to all types of partner records (truckers, vendors, airlines…), so that you can upload documents received from a specific partner or relating to a partner.
In the Local Name field of the New Partner dialog box, you can enter the partner’s name in your local language.
Search by MAWB
Shipments can now be searched by the Master number in the transshipments of the main carriage, in addition to search by the Master number of the first carrier in the main carriage.
Communication Log Details
The Details button has been added next to the View button per communication line in the Communication tab of Logitude entities. This button directly navigates you to the full details of the incoming/outgoing communication, instead of having to access them via Maintenance | System Settings | Communication Logs.
Shipment Project Number
The Project Number field can be added to the General tab in shipments, upon request. To add it in your environment, contact us at http://email@example.com.
Via the Print Shipment Invoice dialog box (Print button from the Invoice screen), it is possible to print different copies and not just the original invoice. This applies to regular invoices, as well as to constituents, manifests and consolidations. The copies available for printing can be selected under Document Copies in the dialog box
Ocean Manifest Grouped by Container
In addition to the standard ocean manifest document that you can print from ocean master shipments, a new document – Ocean Manifest Grouped by Container, showing the same details but this time grouped by container is available in our library. To use this document, add it via the Add from Library link in the Docs Out tab of your shipments.
The Search capability has been added to the Reports page, so that you can find reports by report name.
License Management Report
This new administrative report shows the license assigned to each user in your environment. Only users who have subscribed for multiple packages will have access to the report.
Aging Report – Filtered by Profit Currency
In addition to the local currency filter, the Aging Report can be now filtered by profit currency. The relevant currency needs to be selected before clicking the Run button.
Statistics by Agent – Filtered by Transport Mode, Direction and Shipment Type
The Statistics by Agent report can now be filtered by:
- shipment transport mode (air, ocean or inland)
- shipment type (direct, house or master)
- shipment direction (export, import, domestic or drop)
New Help Texts
Help texts have been added in the following places:
- The Main Carriage leg in the Routings tab of Air shipments – both from the Shipments Workspace and from AWB Wizards: description of the Interline field and how to change the airline after adding the MAWB number.
- Accounting Settings dialog box (access via Maintenance Menu | System Settings or from Getting Started): descriptions of all accounting parameters.
New Query Columns
The following columns are available for use in queries:
Partner Queries (Vendors, Agents, Truckers, and Others)
- Country Name: Displays the name of the country from the partner’s main address.
- City Name: Displays the name of the city from the partner’s main address.
- Branch: Shows the name of the branch to which the payment belongs. It can be found both in AR and AP payment queries.
- Bank Account: Shows the deposit bank account defined at the AR payment level. It can display in all AR payment queries.
The details relating to the activation of a potential customer can be displayed in all customer views.
- Activation date
- Activated by
- Inactive date
- Set as inactive by
New Variables in Reports and Documents
Several new variables have been added to different documents:
- Shipper and Consignee can be printed on the Statement report.
- Shipment Notes can be printed on the Profit & Loss report.
- List of Container Numbers, Last Shared Event Date and Last Shared Notes can be printed on the Open Shipments by Customer report.
- Bill to Address Description, From, To and Final Location Ports and Countries can be printed on the invoice template.
- Total Prepaid and Total Collect Amount values can be printed on the Forwarder’s Bill of Lading document.
- Trucker Name, Number and Main Address, Shipment Number, Pickup and Delivery Partners Details, House and Master Numbers can be shown in the CMR document.
- Last Shared Event Notes can be displayed on all message templates printed from the shipment level.
To add these variables to your templates, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to assist you!
New Help & Training Resources
The Help Center is continually enriched with helpful training materials that provide answers to your inquiries and help you better understand the system’s features. The following has been added recently:
- Filing Inbox – an updated version of the tutorial that explains how to work with the Filing Inbox module.
- Accounting Settings User’s Guide – a guide that helps you to better understand the usage of the accounting parameters in the Accounting Settings screen.
For more information or to log in to Logitude, please visit www.logitudeworld.com.
For questions or remarks regarding these release notes, please open a ticket at email@example.com.
For Sales, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy New Release!
The Logitude World Team