Logitude World provides the first true online freight forwarding software solution. It combines the power of cloud computing and modern technologies with a deep understanding of the Freight Forwarding Industry.
Since Logitude’s SaaS solution is rich in software modules, Release Notes are regularly issued to keep users up-to-date about new features and enhancements, as well as changes that were made since the previous release.
This version of the Release Notes introduces new features and functionalities, and describes existing features that were enhanced.
New Technology – Migration from Silverlight to HTML5
We are currently migrating the Logitude software from Silverlight to HTML5, which is rapidly becoming the standard platform for web applications. The pilot version is already available for Logitude’s e-AWB customers. To start working with it, please contact us.
The Cass Report is intended for freight forwarders who need to submit air shipment details to airlines, twice a month. It can be easily generated per airline, for the requested time period, and it contains all the relevant freight information including AWB numbers, charge details, agent commissions and payables.
This accounting report shows payments filtered by date, office branch and currency (payment and local). It lists the received payments according to value dates or according to payment record dates (when value dates are missing), with all their corresponding invoices.
The Deposit Report provides a complete picture of the payments made by your customers and Bill To partners. The information, laid out in landscape format, includes payment date, amount and method, invoice number, customer reference and more.
New Document Templates
The following document templates have been added to Logitude’s Document Library:
For the Ethiopian Market
- Document Dispatch Note: a summary page showing all the printed documents in a shipment.
- Document Dispatch Statement: a cover page for folders, summarizing shipment file information.
- Events List Report: a document containing the events that occurred in a shipment.
For the US Market
- Delivery Order: a new template of with this document
- Arrival Notice: a new template of the existing Arrival Notice document for notifying the consignee or the notify party about the arrival of a shipment.
QuickBooks Integration – Coming Soon
Logitude’s operational Accounting Module will soon integrate with the QuickBooks accounting software, so that our customers can save precious time by seamlessly transferring invoice data and transactions to QuickBooks.
Upon the completion of the first stage of the development, you will be able to connect your AR invoices to QuickBooks.
Departures and Arrivals Display
The Departures and Arrivals component in the Operations-Shipments Workspace shows the expected and actual domestic inland shipments based on arrival dates, in addition to departure dates. This will let you to easily track the domestic shipments that have actually arrived and those that are expected to arrive within a week.
FSR to Interline Carrier
The e-AWB module allows you to send the FSR message directly to interline carriers. This is done via the Send FSR option by simply supplying the prefix and master number and selecting the airline.
New Query Columns
The following columns are available for display in Shipment Queries:
- Shipment Notes: Shows the notes added at shipment level.
- Operational Date: Shows the departure date of the main carriage for export and inland shipments, and the arrival date of the main carriage for import shipments.
- Last Exception Description: Shows the description of the last resolved exception event at the time a new exception event is manually added.
The following column is available for display in Contacts Queries:
- Create Date: Displays the create date of a contact record.
You can add the new columns to your customized views in Shipment Queries, Contacts Queries and the various partner queries.
New Variables in Documents
Several new variables have been added to different documents:
- Shipment Incoterm: can be printed on the Arrival Notice document.
- Master Number: can be printed on the Profit & Loss document.
- Delivery Trucker Information: The trucker name and address can be printed on the Delivery Receipt.
- Delivery to Contact Details: It shows the contact details – name, addresses, phone number and email address – of the delivery to the partner, and it can be added to the Arrival Notice and Delivery Receipt documents.
- Vendor Bank Details: The AP Payment document can be adjusted to contain your vendor’s bank details.
To add these variables to your templates, contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you!
CRM – Opportunity Closing Reasons
The Closing Reason field box has been added to the Main page of the opportunity record. This field displays the reason entered while closing the opportunity as won or lost, and it can also be edited. The description entered in the field is added to the events as soon as the opportunity is closed.
Furthermore, Closing Reason can be used as a column and a filter in opportunity views.
For more information or to log in to Logitude, please visit www.logitudeworld.com.
For questions or remarks regarding these release notes, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Sales, please contact: email@example.com
Happy New Release!
The Logitude World Team