Logitude World provides the first true online freight forwarding software solution. It combines the power of cloud computing and modern technologies with a deep understanding of the Freight Forwarding Industry.
Since Logitude’s SaaS solution is rich in software modules, Release Notes are regularly issued to keep users up-to-date about new features and enhancements, as well as changes that were made since the previous release.
This version of the Release Notes introduces new features and functionalities, and describes existing features that were enhanced.
Logitude offers yet another customization option for more flexibility in setting up your user environment: the Role Customization facility makes it possible to define your own user roles based on the existing roles, grant authorizations to requested features for each custom role, and then assign users to these roles. To proceed with this process, you simply click the New Custom Role button in the User Roles tab.
The Exception Tracking mechanism allows users to report and manage shipment exceptions, and it comes with the following options:
- Add an Exception Event: The list of Event Types now includes the Exception option. When an exception occurs, you can add an exception event to put a shipment in your watch list. You can show exceptions to your customers via the Shared Logistics module.
- View Exceptions in Queries: New query columns – Has Exception and Exception Description – have been added to shipment queries so that you can easily identify the shipment exceptions in your watch list. A new filter – Has Exception – has been added to shipment views to help you build a watch list for exceptions.
- Mark Exceptions as Resolved: When an exception is resolved, you can remove the shipment from your watch list by simply selecting the Exception Resolved option (new option in the More menu).
Company Dashboard Print
The Company Dashboard Print option in the Reports page provides a printable version of the graphical information presented in the Activity Status area of the Dashboard. It shows up-to-the minute performance and progress information about your company in a selected time frame, with different types of visualizations. Different metrics can be used to present business performance: number of shipments, weight, profit or income (receivables).
Accounting Transfer – Advanced Generic Interface
In response to requests from customers in countries where invoices have to be printed through an external accounting system, in accordance with local tax regulations, we have further developed the Advanced Generic Interface. In addition to invoice details, the program now transfers all the necessary shipment data to the external accounting system so that the invoices can be printed via that system.
New Documents and Templates
Logitude’s Document Library continues to grow. It now contains more document types that you can bring into your work environment:
- Shipper’s Certificate for Live Animals: for Lufthansa and Emirates airlines.
- Live Animals Labels: for British Airways.
- Invoice templates in Spanish.
Shipment Statuses Including Location
To better track shipments, Logitude now displays location information with each status that concerns a port (e.g. arrived at port, departed, pick up, etc.). For example, Arrived (AMS) (Amsterdam port). Starting with new shipments you create, you will find this information next to the Status of the shipment, as well as in the Events tab and in Shared Logistics displays.
e-AWB Status Events
In the e-AWB Wizard, each status received from the airline automatically generates a status event. Status events appear in the Events tab, in the same way as all other shipment events.
New System Default – Partner Selection in Shipment
A new option has been added to the System Defaults (access via Getting Started): Allow Agent Selection in Customer List of Values. When the option is enabled, it will be possible to select an agent as the Shipper in an export shipment or as the Consignee in an import shipment. Using this option, you will avoid managing duplicate records for the same partner.
New Query Columns
The following columns are available for display in Queries:
- Shipment Queries: Operational Close Date and Accounting Close Date columns. You can use these columns to query closed shipments by closing date.
- Accounting/Accounts Receivable Queries: Bill to Code column. When added to an Accounts Receivable view, this column enables you to filter shipments according to a specific partner (customer, shipper, consignee, etc.) so as to quickly get to the invoice you’re looking for.
- Accounting/Accounts Payable Queries: Vendor Code column.
- Charge Types List: Payable Debit Account and Receivable Credit Account columns.
Improvements in Accounts Payable
Print Button in A/P Invoice
A Print button has been added to the Accounts Payable Invoice pages to let you print vendor invoices.
Unit of Measurement (UOM) Field
The Unit of Measurement (UOM) field has been added to Accounts Payable invoice lines (Add Invoice Line dialog box).
Improvements in Shipment Pages
The following improvements have been introduced to Shipments:
- The Docs Out and Docs In pages are now accessible from the Routings Pickup and Delivery options.
- In the Receivables and Payables pages, the Generate Auto Display and Generate From Quote links now appear in larger font size.
- If you don’t have expected accrual amounts in the Payables page, the difference between accruals and accounted payables will show N/A instead of minus values.
A new field – Declaration Number – has been added to the General page of the Shipment for entering the external customs reference number.
The PRO#, OBL Date and Trucker No. fields in inland shipments have been renamed as CMR/RWB #, CMR/RWB Date and Truck No., respectively. The modified field names appear in the Routings (Pickup and Delivery) and Overview tabs, as well as other related places.
While adding a new partner (Partners tab in shipments), the selected partner’s primary contact will display by default.
Contact List in Messages
The Contact list that opens for choosing recipients in an email message (from the To field in a Send Message page) now includes all contacts in a single page, making it easy for users to browse through the list.
Variable Formatting in Messages
In messages sent from Logitude, numeric values such as weight will display in a formatted way. For example, 3010.4 will show as 3,010.40.
Opportunity Change Notification – CRM Module
A new email notification option has been added in the CRM module, which enables sending a message when the stage of an opportunity changes.
New Help & Training
The following have been added to the How To area of the Getting Started page:
- Currency Management – a new document that provides guidelines for using multiple currencies in Logitude.
- Managing Mail Templates – a new document that shows how to create and edit email templates.
- e-AWB Quick Tour – a new document that quickly walks you through the basic features of the e-AWB module.
- New CRM documents: Analyzing CRM Data, Managing Opportunities, and Working with Activities.
- The new version of the Getting Around in Logitude guide: the Managing Documents section is updated with how to add new templates from the Document Library and how to save edited versions as new templates.
- The new version of the Generic Accounting Interface – Setup and Activation Guide: updated to include the new Advanced Accounting Interface option.
- The new version of the Working with e-AWB tutorial: updated to include the new tabs and features that were added to the e-AWB Wizard.
For more information or to log in to Logitude, please visit www.logitudeworld.com.
For questions or remarks regarding these release notes, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy New Release!
The Logitude World Team