Logitude Release Notes – Version R4.16
Logitude World provides the first true online freight forwarding software solution. It combines the power of cloud computing and modern technologies with a deep understanding of the Freight Forwarding Industry.
Since Logitude’s SaaS solution is rich in software modules, Release Notes are regularly issued to keep users up-to-date about new features and enhancements, as well as changes that were made since the previous release.
This version of the Release Notes introduces new features and functionalities, and describes existing features that were enhanced.
New Technology – Migrating from Silverlight to HTML5
Logitude is evolving to keep pace with new technologies. We are currently migrating the Logitude software from Silverlight to HTML5, which is rapidly becoming the standard platform for web applications. The pilot version will soon be available for Logitude’s e-AWB customers. We will individually contact these customers to start practicing the new version while still using the Silverlight version. This will let you to see the differences between the two platforms and the enhancements the new technology provides, and allow us to collect your feedbacks before the complete migration to HTML5.
Logitude Mobile for Business Class and First Class
We have recently launched the Logitude Mobile application to help your customers track their shipments from their mobiles once you invite them. Logitude Mobile is now being offered as a built-in feature in the Business Class and First Class packages.
In order to test what your customers can see, you can define yourself as the contact of a certain customer and send that customer an invitation via the Shared Logistics & Mobile module. For further details, please contact your account manager.
New Report: AR Invoices Including VAT and Routings
The new Accounting report AR Invoices Including VAT and Routings is based on the AR Invoice Including VAT report. This report can be filtered by customers, meaning that it can be run to show the results separately, for individual customers. In addition to customer and invoice information, it contains routing details per invoice.
New Document Templates
The following document templates have been added to Logitude’s Document Library:
- Bill of Lading (BOL) for the US market.
- Delivery Order in the Turkish language.
Outlook Connection – Integration with Shipments
In addition to customers, quotes and CRM opportunities, Outlook Connection now integrates Outlook documents (attachments) with shipment records in Logitude. Contact us to get the updated version of the Outlook Connection Add-In.
Customer Quick Search Improved
The Quick Search tool that is available throughout the Logitude entities has been improved, especially in customer views. Inactive customer records will not show in search results, so when searching, for example, for a CRM customer, you will see only active and potential records.
Zero Offsetting Payment Amounts
You can now offset an issued invoice that has been credited by recording a payment with “Offsetting” as the Payment Method and 0 (zero) as the Payment Amount.
Shipment Number Column in Payments Screen
A new column – Shipment Number – has been added to the Details page of the A/R Payment (in the A/R Invoices section of the page). If an invoice has been issued for a single shipment, its number will display in the Shipment Number column. If multiple shipments are involved, the word “list” will appear in Shipment Number.
Improvements in Container Fields
The following fields in the Add/Edit Container dialog box have been adjusted as follows:
- Description – up to 700 characters can be entered.
- Temperature – negative values are allowed.
While updating a booking, it is not possible to change the Origin, Destination and Interline fields. These fields can be modified only after cancelling the booking request.
Adjustment to the Profit by Shipment Statistics Report
The Create Date filter in the Profit by Shipment Statistics report has been modified to show the Actual Arrival Date of the main carriage in import shipments and the Actual Departure Date of the main carriage in export shipments. If the actual date is not set, then the system will refer to the expected date. When neither the actual nor the expected dates have been entered, the filter will apply to retrieve shipments by create date.
New Variables in Documents
Several new variables have been added to different documents:
- Dimensions of inside packages: The length, width and height of packages inside containers can be printed on the Shipping Declaration document.
- Inside packages information: The descriptions of each of the packages inside containers can be printed on the Shipping Declaration document.
- Last Vessel: The last vessel of the main carriage’s final leg (in a multiple leg ocean shipment) can be printed on the Shipping Declaration document.
- Issue Date: The issue date of the Profit and Loss document.
- Quantity, Volume, Weight and Description of Goods: Fields that can show in list of packages on Manifest documents.
- Invoice label in Spanish: A new label that shows the invoice type in Spanish: Factura (invoice) or Nota de Credito (credit note).
New Help & Training Resources
The Help Center is continually enriched with helpful training materials that provide answers to your inquiries and help you better understand the system’s features. The following have been added recently:
- Logitude Mobile Application User’s Guide – New document that provides instructions for starting and working with the Logitude Mobile application.
- Quotes Tutorial – New document that guides you through the Quotes module.
- New version of the Shared Logistics & Mobile Setup and Activation Guide – Updated to include the mobile options of the module.
- New version of the Working with e-Booking Tutorial – Includes the new Booking Update option and a few other enhancements made in the module.
- New versions of the e-AWB Tutorial and the e-AWB Quick Tour documents – Include updated screenshots.
- New version of the Advanced Features Workbook – Updated with some corrections.
- New versions of the CRM documents – Updated with new options and screenshots.
- French version of CRM documents
For more information or to log in to Logitude, please visit www.logitudeworld.com.
For questions or remarks regarding these release notes, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Sales, please contact: email@example.com
Happy New Release!
The Logitude World Team