Logitude World provides the first true online freight forwarding software solution. It combines the power of cloud computing and modern technologies with a deep understanding of the Freight Forwarding Industry.
Since Logitude’s SaaS solution is rich in software modules, Release Notes are regularly issued to keep users up-to-date about new features and enhancements, as well as changes that were made since the previous release.
This version of the Release Notes introduces new features and functionalities, and describes existing features that were enhanced.
Fixed Email Addresses in Message Templates
New functionality has been added to email templates to allow users to send messages from a preset email address, and to receive replies to another preset email address as well. For example, all quotes can be sent from a certain address (e.g. email@example.com) and all replies to the message can be directed to another fixed email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can easily apply this functionality via the Document Types table in Maintenance, by simply using the Add From and Add Reply-to options to enter the relevant email addresses per email template. If you need us to manage this option for you, contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Filtering Shipments by Missing Date
A new value – No Date – is now available for selection in date filters such as Main Carriage ETA and Main Carriage ETD. This option will let you generate lists of records with missing dates (for example, shipments with no ETA).
Help Center Renovated
The Logitude help and training resources page has gone through a facelift, and it provides the following novelties:
- The title of the page has been changed to Help Center.
- Font, font size and font color modifications have been made.
- Help and training resources have been reorganized by subject categories (Operational, CRM, etc.), and can also be viewed in list format or by types (videos, tutorials, release notes, etc.).
To navigate to the Help Center, just click View All in the How To section of the Getting Started page.
New Help & Training Resources
The Help Center is continually enriched with helpful training materials that provide answers to your inquiries and help you better understand the system’s features. The following have been added recently:
- Custom Roles Tutorial – Shows how to assign and configure custom user roles.
- Airline Account Number – Shows how to enter the forwarder’s airline account ID in Logitude.
- Managing Customers – Covers all the options of customer management in the CRM module.
- Logitude Outlook Connection (future option) – Shows how the Outlook Connection add-in works and integrates Logitude CRM with Microsoft Outlook.
It is now possible to print the AWB document before transmitting it to the airline. Printing an AWB will take up credit from your AWB package, and then you can transmit the AWB at your convenience without extra charge.
New Query Column
The Exception Resolve Description column is now available for display in Shipment queries. It shows the notes entered when recording Exception Resolved events for shipments. You can add this new column to your customized views.
New Document and Template Options
New shipment documents and templates have been added to the Document Library:
- New versions of Plain Paper AWB and Plain Paper HAWB: Recto Verso Plain Paper AWB/ HAWB and Voorkant Plain Paper AWB/ HAWB. These templates are intended for printing less than 12 copies instead of 24.
- Authority to Make Entry: A cargo release order for air freight shipments. This new document shows the arrival time of the airline, the MAWB number, and the release authorization for delivery to the agent.
- Proof of Delivery: A new document that should contain the signatures of both the consignee and the receiver, to confirm receipt of cargos in good order.
You can use the Add Document from Library option in the Docs Out page of a shipment to add any missing document types to the list of outgoing shipment documents. This option shows the document types from the Document Library that have not been included in shipments, in your environment. It displays when the documents were last updated, and lets you preview the templates and add them to the entity at a click.
New Event Types
Several event types have been added to the entities in Logitude CRM:
- Email in (future option): Generated when an email message from Microsoft Outlook is stored under an opportunity, using the Outlook Connection add-in (future option). The event includes the receive date, the user and the date of the record.
- Email out: Generated when an email message is sent from an opportunity. The event includes the sent date and the user.
- Event types for logging changes in activity records: Activity created, Activity marked as complete, Activity cancelled, and Activity reopened.
New Filters in CRM Views and Reports
The following filters have been added to Activity views:
- Connected to a customer
- Connected to an opportunity
- Connected to a quote
The following filters have been added to the Customer Potential vs. Actual report:
- Country: for filtering customers by countries.
- Product: for filtering customers by one of these values: all products, actual only, potential only, and none (neither actual nor potential).
Notes Field in AP/AR Transfer Option
The Notes field has been added to the AR and AP Invoice Transfer option pages.
Auto Credited Invoices
A new link now appears at the top of an auto credited invoice with the number of the original invoice. Clicking the link directly navigates you to the original invoice.
The e-Booking Package
Booking Confirmation Notification
A new alert feature has been developed to help users easily track booking confirmations: When the status of a booking changes to confirmed, an email notification is automatically sent to the submitter of the booking request.
More Messaging Statuses
The Messaging Status area in the Overview tab of the Booking Wizard now shows more statuses to indicate the progress of the booking request with the airline. After sending the request, the status will be set to waiting for airline’s confirmation. If a booking cancellation request is sent, the status will be set to waiting for airline’s cancellation.
In cases where a freight forwarder does not have an IATA number (not an IATA member), an airline will identify the customer (in the FFR message sent when submitting a new booking request) only by an Account Number that airline has assigned to the freight forwarder. The Account Number field has been added to the Main Carriage Leg area of the Bookings Tab in the Bookings Wizard, and it can be filled in one of the following ways:
- In the Airlines table, in which case the number will automatically display in the Booking Wizard for the selected airline.
- Manually, after selecting the airline.
New Query Column
The First Flight Date column is now available for display in Bookings queries. It displays the expected time of departure of the main carriage. You can add this new column to your customized views.
Airline Prefix Field Disabled
Airline prefix fields have been disabled in your private environment. Only account managers can change airline prefixes or add new airlines with new prefix codes.
Field Alignment in Wizards
Text field displays in all wizards have been improved so that long names and descriptions such as ports, carriers and consignees appear left-aligned and are easily readable.
For more information or to log in to Logitude, please visit www.logitudeworld.com.
For questions or remarks regarding these release notes, please contact: email@example.com.
For Sales, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy New Release!
The Logitude World Team